toollinekerry.ie is committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the Internet. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you – e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out security checks or where we have your express permission to do so.
Is it safe to order online?
It’s safer than it’s ever been. We use a secure online ordering system and we are constantly researching and improving our software to make sure we offer the highest possible security at all times, protecting sensitive information such as your name, address and other critically sensitive information like your credit card details. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the event someone else intercepts it.
toollinekerry.ie, will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or any of your personal information to any third party without your permission.
What we collect and why
toollinekerry.ie collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile)
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information)
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates)
- We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
- To fulfil your order and maintain your online account
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team. To personalise the Site to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order)
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us)
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view
Disclosures of your information
toollinekerry.ie, may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets
If all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long we keep your data
Checking your details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to us or have this data deleted, you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
Your rights relating to your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us, then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit the Site by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Seeing adverts for us online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we utilise advertisement banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Site (for example, your Site search history, and the content you read on the Site) or on banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
toollinekerry.ie (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
You have the right to access the information which toollinekerry.ie holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the regulations.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers (even if it is a complaint). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
You can either contact us via email:
Or, write to us at:
Brackhill, Castlemaine, Co. Kerry.
T: 066 976 7907 M: 086 154 4905
Please contact Tool Line for any enquiries.